We collect information to provide better services to all users of TransitMate services.
It includes, but is not limited to, determining your national language, preferred currency, unit measures, and your favorite destinations.
We collect and process information in three ways:
Information you give us.
Some of our services require you to sign up for a TransitMate account.
When you sign up you will need to share some personal information with us.
This includes your name, email address, personal preferences for language, currency, and other personal information.
Information we get from your use of our services.
We collect information about your location may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them.
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, etc.).
Also, when you use our services or view content provided by TransitMate, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs.
This may be done to improve your experience associated with the use of the website.
We may collect and process information about your location when you use a location-enabled service, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device.
We may also use various technologies to determine location, such your external IP address or as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
TransitMate uses various technologies to collect and store information when you use the services, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
Information provided to Google Analytics for processing.
The data processed and provided to TransitMate is aggregated and consolidated.
When you contact TransitMate, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing.
We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your experience and the overall quality of our services.
For example, by saving your language preferences, we'll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer.
When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
TransitMate processes information on our servers in several countries – we may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Information you share
Some of our services let you share information with others, such as a forum. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information.
If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it — unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of TransitMate unless one of the following circumstances applies:
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of TransitMate when we have your consent to do so.
We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any personal information.
- We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of TransitMate if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of TransitMate, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect TransitMate and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL/TLS.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to TransitMate employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.